Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Molasses Cookies Made by Madison!

Maddie and I had some extra time this morning to spend making cookies together. It was a spur of the moment thing and we had a great time full of fun. Papa Al wasn't feeling good on Sunday, so we decided to make him some cookies we know he'll love (It's Nita's recipe) :)! Maddie did most of the work herself, including scooping the dough into balls, rolling them smooth and then rolling them in sugar. Then we put them on the stones to bake and flatened them with the bottom of a drinking glass. She was such a sweet girl today - I really think she loves spending time one on one with Mom. After the cookies, we had lunch, cleaned up and then went to the park for a brief 15 minutes of swinging and sliding. It was only 34 degrees and sooo cold! But the sun was out and that made it nice. There is an older couple at church that have had some health problems and Maddie and I then took them a container full of the cookies we made. Mr. and Mrs. Bush LOVED seeing Maddie (she gave them the cookies herself along with big hugs) and loved that we stopped by with the cookies. (I was a bit nervous cause I just dropped in without calling) After that we decided to check out books at the Library and then it was off to pick up Grace from school. All in all, it was a great day - busy, but a good busy and It felt so good to spend some quality time with Maddie. Faith was there too, but just along for the ride! She's growing up so fast...I hope she stays little for a while longer...


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam and Maddie ---

I love cookies... just wish you guys were closer to Columbus and perhaps I'd get a batch sent this way. I love checking your site for regular updates of the kids and happenings in Quinn's and your life. Take care.

Uncle Roy

Samantha said...

Thanks Uncle Roy! We love you too and would love to have you guys come visit again. Every once in a while the girls (especially Maddie) ask me if Uncle Roy is going to come again! I try not to let it get me down that we aren't closer - it's been really hard lately. I miss being near my family - I feel like 9 years has been long enough! Maybe someday...I'll keep praying...Love and hugs...Sam

Unknown said...

My Maddie ! When did she start to get so grown up? I love you Madster !! You are my delight!
You are so precious to your Nana Heidi....I always ache to be with my girls ! All of them!
Love forever, Mom