Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Clifford the big red dog!

My niece Chloe just turned one this past Friday and I was honored that Harm asked me to help make the cake for her birthday party. This is something I have vowed to do for my kids' birthdays as they are growing up and time allows. I love to do it and feel that I get better with each time I practice. The difference this time was that I didn't have to plan a party or food or decorate my house - my job was just the cake! It was a blast and I had a fun time talking with Harm and showing her how to go about it. They came over for pizza dinner first and then the guys watched the kids and all fell asleep down stairs! Harm and I stayed up until they left around 12:50 am!!
This is the first time I have tried a suggestion my friend from church gave me - to put wax paper over the picture you want and then outline the character with icing. Next you turn the wax paper over on top of the cake and press the outline into your cake - peel off the wax paper and viola!! You should have your image and then you can start decorating. When Harm wanted to do a Clifford cake, we couldn't find any cake pans with him on there, soI suggested this and I must say I am so pleased with the way it turned out! Probably my best yet! Had to brag - thanks for indulging me!!


 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tina said...

Very impressive-Lots of red teeth that night I am sure--great talent!
Tina